Cricut Design Space Greeting Card Design
Updated: Feb 1, 2021
In this post, I am going to talk about how to make this greeting card using Cricut Design Space. One of the things that I've always loved is stationary. A personal note on a beautiful card or letter was so meaningful to me. This design is a perfect cross between a letter and card! You get the best of both worlds.
To create this design, you'll just need 2 card stocks and ribbon. One of the card stocks needs to be heavier to be able to withstand the pressure the ribbon requires to tie the bow. The ribbon I used is wide but very light to be able to thread into the smaller cutouts. It doesn't need an envelope with the big bow in front. The other great thing about this design is that it doesn't require any glue!
Once you cut the 2 card stocks, just place the lighter one on the outside. Then, thread the ribbon through the cutouts to tie in front and tada, a beautiful card/letter!
- Any light card stock for the outer layer
- Poster card stock for the inside layer, it needs to be thicker than the outside layer
* Please note that I get a small percentage of any purchases through the links above. I appreciate if you do for your support, it helps keep my site running.
Once you click on the pink button to go to my project, you will see the below page. You can click on the 'open' button to get to my project. If you're already logged in, it should immediately pop up.
- Remember to use light card stock for the outer part that has the cutouts.
- Remember to use poster card stock for the inner part- this helps keep it's shape once you thread the ribbon and tie the bow.
- Fold inwards on the scored side to make a clean fold.
- Remember when cutting to switch the card stock selection when you make the inside versus the outside so the Cricut machine will know the proper pressure to cut the different cardstock thicknesses.
If you liked this design, you may like my other card designs! Clicking on an image below will take you to the project's page. Or you can use my site menu and click on 'Cricut Designs' and then 'Cards'.