Valentine's Day Match Box Design Template
Updated: Feb 10, 2021
I always seem to feel like writing late at night. Probably because I'm a night owl. I've noticed a lot of cricutters are night owls too! Personally, I like to stay up late and look for ideas. Sometimes I go into a google black hole of cricut projects! I need to start writing down my ideas though because I have so many lately.
For Valentine's Day, this little box would be perfect to gift a gift card in or maybe some jewelry! It is 4 x 2 1/2 inches and about 1 inch tall. Like most of my designs, the hearts are cutouts with a red backing. The tag is also in a matching color. I used a small elastic cord to tie on the tag. I have elastic cords in several different colors and find them very useful! The important thing for this project is to make sure you use a stiff card stock for the bottom of the box. The lighter pink part can be light card stock. I am using this box to gift my daughters' teachers a Valentine's gift card. It's about the only thing that will fit into the manila folder they turn their work in!
This project brings to mind Valentine's Day but it can definitely used for other events or holidays you want to show your love for someone like birthdays, anniversaries, or Mother's Day.
- Light card stock for the light pink part
* Affiliate links above. I get a small percentage of any purchases you make through the links. If you do, I appreciate it, it helps keep my site running.
Here is a photo of the box, opened:
When you click on the below pink button, you may see the below screen, click open to go directly to my project if you're already signed in. There is no cost to using my design.
- Use textured light card stock for the look in my photo.
- It's easier to glue on the square backing for the heart cutouts first before you start folding the box. Use glue sparingly, like little dabs instead of globs.
- Fold inwards on the scored side to make a clean fold.
- Quality of paper makes a big difference! If the inside of your card stock tears at the folds then it's not as high quality paper. I like the type paper that is textured, it gives it an elegant look.
If you like my Valentine's Day match box, you may like some of my other projects. For all of my Valentine's Day projects, you can go to my site menu, click on 'Cricut Designs' and then 'Valentine's Day'. Clicking on a below image will take you to the project page.